New Potatoes: If you are looking for soft, slightly sweet but creamy-textured potatoes. These are a special variant early harvest of potatoes (not to be confused with our regular Fresho Potato) and are easily distinguishable with their thin/ tender skin which makes them easy-to-peel off even it can be used without peeling. These freshly picked potatoes are a great choice for roasting or boiling. They give essential nutrients to your body along with high dietary fibre and carbohydrates. Combined with great taste and nutrients this vegetable is the most popular and loved amongst households. Fresho New potatoes are either Round or Oblong which is about 45mm-65 mm in diameter. Consume them within a few days of purchase. Click here for delicious vegetable recipes –
- Potatoes are rich in starch and carbs, which is important for getting energy.
- They are also low in calories and laden with vitamins C and B6, manganese, phosphorus, niacin and pantothenic acid.
- In fact, its skin has more nutrients than the spud itself.
- Potatoes should always be stored in a cool, dark and dry place
- New potatoes are best cooked for slightly longer be it in the pressure cooker or even in the oven.
- You can roast, grill or char them with the skin on, and then use it in vegetables, gravies or even on its own.Served with coriander and mint tips.
- These roasted potatoes taste very good in salads with cream or yogurt too.
There are no reviews yet.